Saturday 27 May 2017

Leeshaw Reservoir

15:40 - 17:00

A trip to Leeshaw this afternoon, after my sponge fight with Abigail in the garden, was abandoned during the thunderstorm.
'appen as well , I was very, very wet and loosing badly.

I was hoping the storm might have brought with it a Tern or three, but I did not have any luck there.


The birds on the reservoir shoreline are just on the periphery of my bins and camera unfortunately.

Birds:-

3 Oystercatcher (at least).
Lapwing in good numbers with chicks in amongst.
Curlew were very few, with maybe 4 seen during my stay.
c50 Greylag Goose with Large Goslings.
2 Redshank in the tall grass - probably others as well.
4 Black Headed Gull. 
2 Heron.
10 Large Gulls including Lesser Black-backed and at least one Herring Gull.
2 Stock Dove.

Little Ringed Plover.

Snipe drumming.

A good search for Little Owl failed to locate it!










Lapwing unhappy with Oystercatcher



Just for one moment - a mega - then not!






Lapwing Chick



Redshank


Little Ringed Plover














2 Stock Dove




Greylag Geese in the fields


Herring Gull unless I'm mistaken










No comments:

Post a Comment