Sunday 24 September 2017

√Bradshaw to Haworth

16:10 - 19:00

Birthday parties this weekend with Abigail reaching the ripe old age of Seven on Tuesday.
Saturday she had a meal with lots of cake and buns with Mum, Grandma, Granddad and Granddad Great Ken.

Today she had a party with her school friends, Dad, Grandma and Granddad (again) and lots more buns and cake!
Home from the party at 16:00 - boots on and out of the house by 16:10 for some fresh air.

We did the usual walk to Haworth via Back Lane Ogden, Leeming and Oxenhope.

Not much time to stop and stare - dark at 7PM today, but I did pick out a few goodies.

A meal in the White Lion and a Taxi home.
A long, but enjoyable day.

Birds:

Little Owl, couple of Red Grouse calling on the moor, Bullfinch calling, a few Pheasant.

14 very, very distant Wigeon on Oxenhope reservoir.

(22:14 - looking at the photo there may be a different duck in among the Wigeon - I'll check the photos again in the morning).

Cormorant and Kestrel.

Chris's Joke:

A man walk into the doctors late one evening
Man: Doctor I think I'm a moth.
Doctor: You need psychiatrist.
Man: Yes, I know but your light was on.






Soil Hill in the distant



Very distant Wigeon




Very distant Leeming Reservoir



?????


Tomorrow's Haworth mansion today


Jackdaw (I think) going to roost.
Could be Rook but I don't think so.




No comments:

Post a Comment